There’s more than one way to enjoy the health benefits of CBD oil. While CBD oil tinctures seem to be the most popular way to consume cannabidiol (CBD), CBD edibles are quickly becoming the favorite. It makes sense–they’re easier to transport than a glass bottle of liquid, and very easy to dose. At CannaHealth, we’re big fans of CBD infused gummies. We’ve put in the time to find the best CBD gummies of 2019, so you don’t have to worry about grabbing a low quality product.
The rise in popularity of CBD
CBD products have made big gains in popularity over the past four years, ever since the Agricultural Act of 2014 allowing the growth of industrial hemp—and the recent 2018 update. CBD oil is gaining serious traction in the world of medicine–both alternative and traditional, as it’s reported to help with sleep disorders, PTSD, migraines, neck pain, anxiety, and even epilepsy. Because it contains 0–.3% THC (the psychoactive cannabinoid in marijuana), CBD appeals to a wide range of people, including those who would not have used medical marijuana due to the head high they would experience. CBD and hemp oil products are appearing in diverse forms, from CBD creams to suppositories, but it’s the infused-gummy bears (and similar shapes) that are gaining the most traction.
The Further Rise of Gummies and Edibles
Who doesn’t love candy? That’s probably the question these companies were asking when they first decided to put CBD and candy together in one harmonious marriage. With the rise of CBD, it’s only natural for edibles to follow suit. Not everyone is a fan of the grassy flavor of raw hemp oil, so gummies and edibles are a perfect way to dull down that flavor. It is worth noting that edibles may be especially helpful for people who want to have more precise control over their dosage. Each pack or bottle notes the exact amount of CBD in milligrams in each gummy or treat of your choosing, allowing the user to tailor the amount depending on the desired effect.
What are CBD Gummies?
Edibles (including gummies) are nothing more than the ingredients of a normal candy, cookie, or other food item plus a measured amount of CBD oil. While companies vary on how they extract their hemp oil, the end product contains zero THC and will not result in a psychological high.
CBD-infused edibles are different from tinctures in the method of delivery. While tinctures are absorbed into the body sublingually (meaning, under the tongue), CBD infused gummies and other edibles are digested and reach the bloodstream after being processed by the liver. The time from consumption to when you feel the effects takes longer–about one to two hours, but the effect can feel stronger than a sublingual dose. Once in the bloodstream, CBD molecules bind to cannabinoid receptors as part of the endocannabinoid system (ECS).
Taking a CBD gummy is can also more easily deliver high doses of CBD rich hemp oil to the body than the same dose taken sublingually.
How to choose the best cbd gummy
First, consider your dietary needs.
Are you vegan or vegetarian? If so, you’ll want to look for gummies that are gelatin-free.
Hypoglycemic? You might want to find a sugar-free edible.
On an organic or all-natural diet? Look for companies that avoid artificial colors and flavors.
Are you using them to help you sleep? You might want edibles that include a mix of CBD and melatonin.
Next, think about your CBD dosage needs. Are you gonna hit your Endocannabinoid System with a massive dose to combat serious pain? Or do you just need a solid dose to help you sleep?
There are a bunch of other factors to consider as you’re shopping for your edible of choice, such as budget, flavors, or even preferred shapes!
We’ve made it as easy as possible for you to get acquainted with our favorite gummy recommendations.
The Best CBD Gummies On the Market in 2019:
- CitizenCBD, 10mg Gummies in 30ct Bottle
- HempBombs, 15mg Gummies in 30ct Bottle
- CitizenCBD, 10mg “Relax Bears” in 30ct Bottle
- Flavors Available: Assorted fruit flavors (green apple, lemon, mango, and watermelon)
- Price: $19.99–$49.99
- Strength/Variety: 10mg per gummy, a 10-pack or bottle of 30
- Ingredients: Not listed
- Transparency: They use independent testing which includes heavy metals, pesticide, and microbial lab testing. Results available upon request.
- Customer Service/Shipping: Not listed
- Why we Love Them: Citizen CBD uses “every product sale to benefit veterans in need.” They use CO2 extraction for their CBD, and their gummies are vegan, organic, contain zero THC, and are made with natural fruit. Citizen also sells e-liquid, pet treats, topicals, tinctures, and gel caps. Of all the gummies we tried, these are our favorite in both taste and how we felt after taking.
- Flavors Available: Assorted fruit flavors
- Price: $14.99–$99.99
- Strength/Variety: 15mg (regular) and 25mg (high potency) per gummy
- Ingredients: Certified Pure Cannabidiol (CBD), L-Theanine, Scutellaria, Passiflora, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Gelatin, Citric Acid, Calcium Lactate, Silicon Dioxide, Natural & Artificial Flavors
- Transparency: Independent lab tested, 0% THC
- Customer Service/Shipping: They offer international (except UK), standard, and expedited shipping. $ not listed
- Why we Love Them: A 15mg dose of cannnabidiol is a pretty powerful dose for a beginner. These things work super well (and taste great). They also offer 15% off for seniors and veterans. They also offer a variety of other CBD products including capsules from 5ct to 60ct, oil (300mg-4000mg), flavored E-Liquid, Disposable vape pens, CBD pain rubs, Max Chill Relaxation Shot, relaxation syrup, lollipops, dog biscuits, beard balm, beard oil, pleasure gel, and tattoo ointment.
- Flavors Available: gummy bears, fruit bites, sourz froggies, fruit and hemp strawberry fruit chews, fruit and hemp grape fruit chews
- Price: $4.99–$59.99
- Strength/Variety: 20mg–400mg
- Ingredients: Corn Syrup, Sugar (from beets), Water, Gelatin, Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Lactic Acid, Pectin, FD&C Red 40, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Blue 1, 300 MG Phytocannabinoids
- Transparency: Third party tested.
- Customer Service/Shipping: US only, Flat rate: $6.95, free shipping on orders over $100
- Why we Love Them: Talk about a massive selection! Sour gummies? Fruit and hemp fruit chews? Yes please! Green Roads offers a dauntingly large selection of CBD products, which in addition to gummies include syrups, pain cream, and even coffee and tea! They have a little something for everyone. Plus, they use supercritical CO2 extraction, the safest and most efficient extraction method currently available. If you like what you get, they have a rewards program that gives you points for joining, purchasing, and reviewing products. They also offer 50% off first responder and military discounts–that’s way more than most other companies!
Citizen CBD Gummies
Hemp Bombs, 30 Count CBD Gummies
Green Roads World, 30 Count Relax Bears
More CBD gummy reviews coming soon!