CBD products have seen a huge rise in popularity over the past four years, beginning when the Agricultural Act of 2014 allowed the growth of industrial hemp. CBD oil has gained serious traction in the alternative medicine market, where it is reported to help with sleep disorders, migraines, pain relief (especially neck pain), anxiety, and even epilepsy. Because it contains 0–.3% THC (the psychoactive cannabinoid in marijuana), CBD appeals to a wide range of people, including those who would not have used medical marijuana due to the head high they would experience.
There are countless brands on the trying to entice you to buy their CBD tinctures. With so many brands vying for your attention, where do you begin? How do you know what CBD to buy, and who to buy it from? Which companies can you trust to be honest about their extraction methods and ingredients?
With so many CBD products popping up all over the market, you might find it overwhelming trying to decide which companies to buy from. Lucky for you, we’ve put together a list of the seven best CBD tinctures on the market.
If you’re new to this, you might have a lot of questions about how we decided the top CBD products to recommend above the ones we don’t recommend. Here are the categories we used to help differentiate between the the best and the rest.
Potency (How Strong is the Dose)
If you are new to the world of CBD, it is definitely best for you to start with a lower dosage and work your way up from there. Some of the tinctures listed below have as few as 240mg of cannabidiol per bottle, while others are as high as 4850mg. While stronger isn’t always better, we appreciate those brands that have different options available to address different needs. Also, keep in mind that while a lower dose can give you more control over the amount you consume, a higher concentration is usually more cost effective. Higher concentrations will also contain more beneficial cannabinoids.
Flavor vs unflavored CBD
Medicine that you won’t take is not effective medicine. Taste matters, and we love brands that have a variety to choose from.
Unflavored hemp oil has a strong grassy and earthy taste. Some people enjoy the taste of natural hemp, but it’s not particularly popular. If a shot of wheatgrass sounds like a terrible idea, you’ll probably want to gravitate toward something with a more…palatable flavor. If you’re not sure, you can always start with a simple flavor you know you’ll enjoy, like mint or lemon, and get more adventurous over time.
If you don’t like the flavors offered, some companies sell water soluble unflavored oil, giving you the versatility of blending your CBD into your own liquids (like juice or smoothies).
Not all CBD is created equally. Some tinctures are created with little regard to overall consumer safety, and may contain harmful chemicals and pesticides. Other CBD products have been shown to differ from what the label says, either with way more cannabidiol, or way less. In some cases, the THC content was elevated above the federal legal limit for hemp extracts.
All of the products we recommend test their products to make sure that they both contain nothing harmful, and that the dosage on the bottle is actually what’s present in the tincture.
We’d be lying if we said costs didn’t matter. As in all things, with CBD oil tinctures you generally get what you pay for. Some of the products we recommend below are small and inexpensive (so you’re not sacrificing quality to buy inexpensive CBD oil, but rather, are just getting a smaller overall amount at once). Other products contain a higher potency formula, so even though the amount of liquid in the bottle may be the same, the amount of cannabinoids will vary greatly. Overall, prices range from as low as around $30 to over $400.
Shipping and Customer Service
If you’ve ever ordered something online and waited weeks for your package to show up, you know how important shipping speed can be. If you are looking for a remedy for chronic pain, we’re going to guess you probably don’t want to have to wait too long for your order. We’ve broken down the prices and speeds of each company’s shipping so that you’re not left wondering when your purchase will arrive.
All companies on this list have proven track records for outstanding customer service.
Why We Love Them
Sure they sell quality CBD oil, but what sets them apart from the rest? From bacon-flavored dog tincture to discounts for veterans, we list our favorite things about each company so you know what makes them unique.
The Best CBD Oil Tinctures Online in 2018:
- SabaiDee, Good Vibes Pure Hemp Extract
- Lazarus Naturals, Winter Mint High Potency Tincture
- NuLeaf Naturals, 1450mg Full Spectrum CBD Oil
- Joy Organics, 1000mg Tranquil Mint CBD Oil Tincture
- Hemplucid, Water Soluble 1000mg Tincture
- CBDfx, CBD Oil Tincture 500mg
One quick thing before you check out our top recommended CBD products:CannaHealth was not paid to include any of these companies on our list. We may, however, receive a small commission from some of these brands if you click through and make a purchase. I will assure you that these products are the best you can buy, and we 100% stand behind them.
Good Vibes, by Sabaidee
- Flavors Available: Cool mint
- Price: $48.95 per bottle (slightly cheaper if you order a 2, 4, or 6 pack)
- Strength/Variety: 250 mg
- Ingredients: MCT oil from coconut, organic peppermint oil, phytocannabinoid Rich Hemp Oil, Stevia
- Transparency: SabaiDee provides in-depth information about their production. They test each batch in-house and then at an independent third party laboratory. Lab reports can found here: https://www.getsabaidee.com/pages/our-process
- Customer Service/Shipping: 2-4 business day, free US shipping
- Why We Love Them: Like your favorite whiskey or craft beer, their CBD oil is produced in small batches. SabaiDee uses organic hemp that contains a wide variety of over 80 naturally occurring cannabinoids, terpenes, vitamins, omega fatty acids, trace minerals, and other elements beneficial for your health. They use a proprietary extraction and purification process to produce their oil. The coolest part? For every bottle purchased, the company will plant a tree in North America. 🌲
Check out our in-depth review of Lazarus Naturals.
- Flavors Available: Chocolate mint, French vanilla mocha, wintermint, tropical, and unflavored.
Price: $32–$110. *Note: Lazarus Naturals offer a 40% off discount to veterans, individuals on long-term disability, and low income households.
- Strength/Variety: High potency, 50mg of CBD per 1ml (1.6 mg per drop)
- Ingredients: Fractionated Coconut Oil, Hemp Extract, Naturally Derived Flavors
- Transparency: Lazarus Naturals’s oil is ethanol extracted from Non-GMO industrial hemp. It’s third-party tested for pesticides, heavy metals, and potency. All these test results are available on their website under the Test Results tab.
- Customer Service/Shipping: 30 day, no questions asked return policy
Free 1-3 day UPS shipping on all orders over $50
Orders under $50: Ground Shipping: $5, UPS 3 Day Select: $12, UPS 2 Day Air: $16.00, UPS Next Day Air: $25.00, International shipping available
- Why we Love Them: They ship globally, have some unique flavors, and have cost-effective options for folks who don’t want to commit to full-size bottles. Plus, their discount for veterans, people with disabilities, and low income households shows their ethical responsibility. If you don’t qualify for this discount but want to save a little money, you can still use the code cannahealth to save 10% on your order.
- Flavors Available: Unflavored only
- Price: From $38.50–$439 a piece
- Strength/Variety: NuLeaf Naturals offers a range of strengths: 240mg, 725mg, 1450mg, 2425mg, 4850mg, and 240mg for pets.
- Ingredients: USDA Certified Organic Hemp Oil, Full Spectrum Hemp Extract
- Transparency: Nuleaf Naturals carries only all natural products without additives or preservatives. They claim their products retain all the synergistic cannabinoids, terpenes, essential oils that most other companies filter out from the original plant. All of their products are lab tested.
- Customer Service/Shipping: fast and free shipping, 2-3 business days
- Why we Love Them: They’re 100% USDA certified organic, and offer some non-standard, in between dosages that most other companies do not. They also offer the highest concentrated formula on this list. We’re going to bet that 4850mg bottle of CBD drops will last you a while.
- Flavors Available: Tranquil mint, orange and lemon, and unflavored
- Price: $34.95-$134.95
- Strength/Variety: 250mg, 500mg, 1000mg and 1500mg
- Ingredients: Mint: Organically Grown Full Spectrum Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Peppermint Oil for Flavor and Stevia.
Natural: Organically Grown Full Spectrum Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil.
Orange: Organically Grown Full Spectrum Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil, MCT Oil and Orange Essential Oil for Flavor.
Lemon: Organically Grown Full Spectrum Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil, MCT Oil and Lemon Essential Oil for Flavor.
- Transparency: Joy Organics provides only pharmaceutical grade CBD. They follow strict guidelines, and provide third party lab testing information for all of their products. More information can be found on their website, but in terms of transparency, Joy Organics takes the cake.
- Customer Service/Shipping: Free shipping
- Why we Love Them: Joy Organics is very invested in being certified organic, and providing customers with extensive information about their growing and production practices. They use the same strain of hemp for all their products, which allows them to ensure their products are consistent. Each batch of PCR hemp oil is tested to prove they contain no metals, pesticides or THC, and is manufactured in a GMP-certified facility that conforms to FDA guidelines.
- Flavors Available: Unflavored only
- Price: $29.95–$199.95
- Strength/Variety: Whole-plant CBD water soluble, whole-plant CBD in MCT oil, whole-plant CBD in hemp seed oil, whole-plant CBD drip/vape, THC free isoterp CBD in MCT oil, THC free isoterp CBD water soluble–all are available in 250mg, 500mg, 1000mg, and 1500mg strengths
Ingredients: Whole-plant cbd water soluble: Whole-Plant™ CBD Hemp Extract, Organic Vegetable Glycerin, Nano CBD Water, Polysorbate;
whole-plant CBD in MCT oil: Whole-Plant™ CBD Hemp Extract, Fractionated MCT Oil;
Whole-plant CBD in Hemp Seed Oil: Whole-Plant™ CBD Hemp Extract, Organic Vegetable Glycerin, Polysorbate;
Whole-Plant CBD Drip/Vape: Whole-Plant™ CBD Hemp Extract, Organic Vegetable Glycerin, Polysorbate;
THC Free Isoterp CBD in MCT Oil: MCT Oil, ISOTERP™ CBD (Natural Plant Terpenes, Isolate CBD);
THC Free Isoterp CBD Water Soluble: CBD Hemp Extract, Organic Vegetable Glycerin, Nano CBD Water, Polysorbate
- Transparency: Hemplucid provides Proverde test results, and their website includes detailed product info from formula composition to physical/chemical composition.
- Customer Service/Shipping: Free flat rate US shipping
- Why we Love Them: Hemplucid carries a wide range of tinctures, including some that are water soluble–meaning you can mix them into your own drink of choice, or load them into your vape! They also sell gummies, lip balm, lotions, pet tinctures, and all sorts of other CBD products.
- Flavors Available: Unflavored only
- Price: $74.99–$174.99
- Strength/Variety: 500mg, 1000mg, 1500mg, and bundle packs
- Ingredients: MCT Oil Derived from Coconuts, Full Spectrum Hemp Oil
- Transparency: Lab reports are provided on website
- Customer Service/Shipping: Free standard shipping (5-10 business days)
- Why we Love Them: CBDfx uses CO2 extraction—the safest extraction method that retains vitamins and healthy nutrients like terpenes, omega-3 fatty acids, and amino acids. CBDfx offers a large selection of CBD products made from European hemp, like healthy superfood CBD gummies. And with only two ingredients in their tinctures, you know exactly what you’re getting.