CBD products have seen a huge rise in popularity over the past four years, beginning when the Agricultural Act of 2014 allowed the growth of industrial hemp. CBD oil has gained serious traction in the alternative medicine market, where it is reported to help with sleep disorders, migraines, pain relief (especially neck pain), anxiety, and even epilepsy. Because it contains 0–.3% THC (the psychoactive cannabinoid in marijuana), CBD appeals to a wide range of people, including those who would not have used medical marijuana due to the head high they would experience.
There are countless brands on the web trying to entice you to buy their CBD tinctures. With so many brands vying for your attention, where do you begin? How do you know what CBD to buy, and who to buy it from? Which companies can you trust to be honest about their extraction methods and ingredients?
With so many CBD products popping up all over the market, you might find it overwhelming trying to decide which companies to buy from. Lucky for you, we’ve put together a list of the seven best CBD tinctures on the market.
How we Determined the Best CBD Oil
If you’re new to this, you might have a lot of questions about how we decided the top CBD products to recommend above the ones we don’t recommend. Here are the categories we used to help differentiate between the the best and the rest.
Potency (How Strong is the Dose)
If you are new to the world of CBD, it is definitely best for you to start with a lower dosage and work your way up from there. Some of the tinctures listed below have as few as 240mg of cannabidiol per bottle, while others are as high as 4850mg. While stronger isn’t always better, we appreciate those brands that have different options available to address different needs. Also, keep in mind that while a lower dose can give you more control over the amount you consume, a higher concentration is usually more cost effective. Higher concentrations will also contain more beneficial cannabinoids.
Flavor vs unflavored CBD
Medicine that you won’t take is not effective medicine. Taste matters, and we love brands that have a variety to choose from.
Unflavored hemp oil has a strong grassy and earthy taste. Some people enjoy the taste of natural hemp, but it’s not particularly popular. If a shot of wheatgrass sounds like a terrible idea, you’ll probably want to gravitate toward something with a more…palatable flavor. If you’re not sure, you can always start with a simple flavor you know you’ll enjoy, like mint or lemon, and get more adventurous over time.
If you don’t like the flavors offered, some companies sell water soluble unflavored oil, giving you the versatility of blending your CBD into your own liquids (like juice or smoothies).
Not all CBD is created equally. Some tinctures are created with little regard to overall consumer safety, and may contain harmful chemicals and pesticides. Other CBD products have been shown to differ from what the label says, either with way more cannabidiol, or way less. In some cases, the THC content was elevated above the federal legal limit for hemp extracts.
All of the products we recommend test their products to make sure that they both contain nothing harmful, and that the dosage on the bottle is actually what’s present in the tincture.
We’d be lying if we said costs didn’t matter. As in all things, with CBD oil tinctures you generally get what you pay for. Some of the products we recommend below are small and inexpensive (so you’re not sacrificing quality to buy inexpensive CBD oil, but rather, are just getting a smaller overall amount at once). Other products contain a higher potency formula, so even though the amount of liquid in the bottle may be the same, the amount of cannabinoids will vary greatly. Overall, prices range from as low as around $30 to over $400.
Shipping and Customer Service
If you’ve ever ordered something online and waited weeks for your package to show up, you know how important shipping speed can be. If you are looking for a remedy for chronic pain, we’re going to guess you probably don’t want to have to wait too long for your order. We’ve broken down the prices and speeds of each company’s shipping so that you’re not left wondering when your purchase will arrive.
All companies on this list have proven track records for outstanding customer service.
Why We Love Them
Sure they sell quality CBD oil, but what sets them apart from the rest? From bacon-flavored dog tincture to discounts for veterans, we list our favorite things about each company so you know what makes them unique.
The Best CBD Oil Tinctures Online in 2019:
- SabaiDee, Super Good Vibes Pure Hemp Extract 1000mg
- NuLeaf Naturals, 1450mg Full Spectrum CBD Oil
- Spruce Lab Grade 2400mg CBD Oil
- Comfort Leaf, 1500mg Peppermint CBD Oil
- Joy Organics, 1000mg Tranquil Mint CBD Oil Tincture
- Lazarus Naturals, High Potency Tincture
- Best CBD Oil for Anxiety
- Best CBD Oil for Pain
- Best CBD Oil for Insomnia
- Best N0-THC CBD Oil
Tincture recommendations last updated June 20th, 2019
One quick thing before you check out our top recommended CBD products: CannaHealth was not paid to include any of these companies on our list. We may, however, receive a small commission from some of these brands if you click through and make a purchase (at no additional charge to you). I will assure you that these products are the best you can buy, and we 100% stand behind them.
Super Good Vibes, by Sabaidee
- Flavors Available: Cool mint
- Price: $48.95 for Good Vibes, and $119.95 for Super Good Vibes
- Strength/Variety: 250+ mg, 1,000+ mg
- Ingredients: MCT oil from coconut, organic peppermint oil, phytocannabinoid Rich Hemp Oil, Stevia
- Transparency: SabaiDee provides in-depth information about their production. They test each batch in-house and then at an independent third party laboratory. Lab reports can found here: https://www.getsabaidee.com/pages/our-process
- Customer Service/Shipping: 2-4 business day, free US shipping
- Why We Love Them: Like your favorite whiskey or craft beer, their CBD oil is produced in small batches. SabaiDee uses organic hemp that contains a wide variety of over 80 naturally occurring cannabinoids, terpenes, vitamins, omega fatty acids, trace minerals, and other elements beneficial for your health. They use a proprietary extraction and purification process to produce their oil. The coolest part? For every bottle purchased, the company will plant a tree in North America. ????No wonder it’s our top recommended CBD oil.
- Flavors Available: Unflavored only
- Price: From $38.50–$439 a piece, depending on strength
- Strength/Variety: NuLeaf Naturals offers a range of strengths: 240mg, 725mg, 1450mg, 2425mg, 4850mg, and 240mg for pets.
- Ingredients: USDA Certified Organic Hemp Oil, Full Spectrum Hemp Extract
- Transparency: Nuleaf Naturals carries only all natural products without additives or preservatives. They claim their products retain all the synergistic cannabinoids, terpenes, essential oils that most other companies filter out from the original plant. All of their products are lab tested.
- Customer Service/Shipping: fast and free shipping, 2-3 business days
- Why we Love Them: They’re 100% USDA certified organic, and offer some non-standard, in between dosages that most other companies do not, like 2425 and 4850. There’s a great, passionate team behind this product, and we’ve been fans for a long time.
Check out our in-depth NuLeaf Naturals review.
Spruce – Lab Grade CBD 2400mg Tincture
- Flavors Available: Natural and peppermint flavor
- Price: $89 – $269
- Strength/Variety: 750mg and 2400mg
- Ingredients: Coconut oil, Full Spectrum CBD Oil, and natural flavors
- Transparency: Every batch of their CBD products are tested by third party, independent US-based labs, and has always been free of bacteria, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Customer Service/Shipping: Free shipping
- Why we Love Them: At CannaHealth we’re always on the lookout for new and exciting CBD oil brands with extremely high quality products. Spruce fits the bill quite well. Their 750mg tincture is perfect for daily use to manage pain and anxiety, and their 2400mg tincture packs a punch of 80mg of cannabidiol in each dropper. It’s our favorite super high potency solution.
Joy Organics 1000mg Tranquil Mint Tincture
- Flavors Available: Tranquil mint, orange and lemon, and unflavored
- Price: $34.95-$134.95
- Strength/Variety: 250mg, 500mg, 1000mg and 1500mg
- Ingredients: Mint: Organically Grown Full Spectrum Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Peppermint Oil for Flavor, and Stevia.
Natural: Organically Grown Full Spectrum Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil.
Orange: Organically Grown Full Spectrum Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil, MCT Oil and Orange Essential Oil for Flavor.
Lemon: Organically Grown Full Spectrum Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil, MCT Oil and Lemon Essential Oil for Flavor.
- Transparency: Joy Organics provides only pharmaceutical grade CBD. They follow strict guidelines, and provide third party lab testing information for all of their products. More information can be found on their website, but in terms of transparency, Joy Organics takes the cake.
- Customer Service/Shipping: Free shipping
- Why we Love Them: Joy Organics is very invested in being certified organic, and providing customers with extensive information about their growing and production practices. They use the same strain of hemp for all their products, which allows them to ensure their products are consistent. Each batch of PCR hemp oil is tested to prove they contain no metals, pesticides or THC, and is manufactured in a GMP-certified facility that conforms to FDA guidelines.
Comfort Leaf 1500mg Peppermint CBD Tincture Oil
- Flavors Available: Lavender, Peppermint, or Unflavored
- Price: $59.99, $139, and $179.99
- Strength/Variety: 500mg, 1000mg, 1500mg
- Ingredients:All of Comfort Leaf’s CBD Tinctures are made with +99% pure CBD isolate and MCT oil. Additionally, the peppermint and lavender flavors contain undisclosed amounts of those essential oils respectively.
- Transparency: All of Comfort Leaf’s products are 100% THC free and sourced from non-GMO hemp grown in the USA. You can find detailed lab reports on their website which states that each batch is tested by a third party and is guaranteed to be free of contaminants, pesticides, and artificial flavoring.
- Customer Service/Shipping: USPS Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express (3-day) and First Class Mail (5-day) as well as a 30-day money back guarantee. Shipping costs vary based on location.
- Why we Love Them: With Comfort Leaf CBD products, what you see is what you get. They promote transparency in their products and aim to be accessible to everyone in the country by guaranteeing that none of their products contain THC. And if CBD oil isn’t your thing, they also have a line of CBD gummies and vape cartridges as well as CBD topicals launching soon. There’s truly something for everyone.
Check it Out
Lazarus Naturals Wintermint High Potency Tincture
Check out our in-depth review of Lazarus Naturals.
- Flavors Available: Chocolate mint, French vanilla mocha, wintermint, tropical, and unflavored.
Price: $32–$110. *Note: Lazarus Naturals offer a 40% off discount to veterans, individuals on long-term disability, and low income households.
- Strength/Variety: High potency, 50mg of CBD per 1ml (1.6 mg per drop)
- Ingredients: Fractionated Coconut Oil, Hemp Extract, Naturally Derived Flavors
- Transparency: Lazarus Naturals’s oil is ethanol extracted from Non-GMO industrial hemp. It’s third-party tested for pesticides, heavy metals, and potency. All these test results are available on their website under the Test Results tab.
- Customer Service/Shipping: 30 day, no questions asked return policy
Free 1-3 day UPS shipping on all orders over $50
Orders under $50: Ground Shipping: $5, UPS 3 Day Select: $12, UPS 2 Day Air: $16.00, UPS Next Day Air: $25.00, International shipping available
- Why we Love Them: They ship globally, have some unique flavors, and have cost-effective options for folks who don’t want to commit to full-size bottles. Plus, their discount for veterans, people with disabilities, and low income households shows their ethical responsibility. If you don’t qualify for this discount but want to save a little money, you can still use the code cannahealth to save 10% on your order.
Check it Out
The Best CBD Oils by Category
At CannaHealth, we’ve checked out a lot of CBD brands. We’re passionate about helping our readers find a CBD oil tincture that will work best for whatever they’re dealing with in life. Keeping in mind that we are not doctors, and non of this should be considered medical advice, we have put together our best recommendations broken up by the most common categories we are asked about.
We hope this list is helpful! Please check back as we will be adding more categories.
Best CBD Oil for Anxiety
SabaiDee, Super Good Vibes 1000mg is the best CBD oil for anxiety.
CBD oil has earned a reputation as being a holistic approach to alleviating some of the symptoms of anxiety without the unpleasant side effects that are associated with anxiety medications. It works by signaling the serotonin receptors in your brain. These are the ones that impact your levels of calm and happiness. Clinical researchers have revealed that CBD or hemp oil is effective at reducing anxiety among users and helps to make them feel calmer in their day-to-day.
When identifying the right CBD oil for anxiety, there are a few things to look for that will help you get the most out of the product. The best CBD oils to help with anxiety are highly potent, and usually, contain only natural and organic ingredients. It’s also best to stay away from products that contain artificial sweeteners. Take a look at the concentrations of the oil you’re buying. CBD oil can come in a variety of strengths, and products with higher doses of CBD will have a stronger effect.
SabaiDee CBD oil is our preferred solution for reducing anxiety symptoms. It’s made from all natural ingredients and sourced from organic hemp, so you know you’re not getting any extra additives in your CBD oil. Their Good Vibes 250+ CBD and Super Good Vibes 1000+ oil can be incorporated into your daily wellness routine to make sure you always feel…well, good vibes!
Best CBD Oil for Pain
NuLeaf Naturals, 1450mg Full Spectrum tincture is the best CBD oil for managing pain.
Living with chronic pain is unpleasant, to say the least. Finding the right solution to lessen the painful symptoms you’re facing can mean the difference between having a great day and not being able to leave the house.
CBD oil has been making a name for itself as a way to alleviate some of the painful symptoms of arthritis, joint pain, and muscle spasms (among others). It is generally considered a safer, and non-habit forming alternative to pain medications and can make your days of chronic pain a little more bearable.
A study by the US National Library of Medicine concluded that patients who were being treated for chronic pain reported that cannabis products produced results on par with their prescription pain medication, without any of the unwanted side effects of opiates.
According to a study by the Hadassah Medical School, full-spectrum cannabis extracts contain a more significant percentage of CBD compared to other extraction methods. This means that using a full-spectrum CBD oil will be more effective in alleviating inflammation and pain.
So when looking for a CBD oil to specifically reduce pain, we recommend NuLeaf Naturals full-spectrum CBD oil. NuLeaf Naturals uses a full-spectrum extract of cannabis flowers to make their CBD which also contains traces of the other cannabinoids. This creates a more potent oil which will be more effective at alleviating pain.
Best CBD Oil for Insomnia
Spruce, 2400mg lab grade tincture is the best CBD oil for dealing with insomnia.
Sleepness nights lead to long and cranky days, and if you don’t find a solution to your insomnia, you might find yourself in a vicious cycle of unrest. A few decades ago, your only options were sleeping pills or a glass of warm milk. Luckily, the ways to fall asleep more easily have evolved, and CBD oil is taking center stage as one of the best solutions for insomnia.
It’s often thought that the THC in cannabis makes you sleepy, but THC actually blocks you from achieving deep REM sleep. REM sleep is what restores your body and helps you feel rested the next day. Whereas THC causes a REM disruption, CBD calms the nervous system which can induce a night of deeper REM sleep. So when you’re looking for a CBD product to help you get a good night’s sleep, it’s best to opt for something without the THC to make sure your REM cycle isn’t disrupted.
For the involuntary night owls, we recommend using Spruce’s high-potency CBD oil. It’s like the perfect bedtime story to help you drift off peacefully and wake up well-rested. You can choose between their 750mg and 2400mg tinctures depending on your level of insomnia, but regardless of what you choose, you can expect to rest easy.
Best THC Free CBD Oil
Comfort Leaf, 1500mg peppermint tincture is the best THC-free CBD oil.
One of the challenges of CBD use is that while CBD is legal in the US, cannabis, the plant it comes from still is not. Some CBD oils still contain small amounts of THC, which makes them illegal in most of the US. If you are a CBD user concerned about passing a drug test, or simply don’t want to consume any THC with your CBD, then THC-free CBD oil is the way to go.
When looking for a CBD product that contains no THC, make sure to do your research. It’s best to buy from a reputable provider that can tell you exactly how their CBD is made and what ingredients are present. Avoid big retailers like Amazon or brands that import their CBD from other countries because you can’t be sure how pure it is and that it contains no traces of THC.
Comfort Leaf is our favorite THC-free CBD oil brand is for the simple reason that they guarantee all of their products are 99%+ THC free. They want everyone in the US to have access to their CBD products, despite the cannabis rules in their state. They also explicitly state on their website that their products are all made from industrial hemp sourced in the USA. Additionally, all of their products are lab tested and made from high-quality ingredients, so there’s no funny business when it comes to what’s in their oil.
If you’re interested in checking out our CBD gummy recommendations, you can find those here.
- Flavors Available: Chocolate mint, French vanilla mocha, wintermint, tropical, and unflavored.