CBD products have seen a huge rise in popularity over the past four years, beginning when the Agricultural Act of 2014 allowed the growth of industrial hemp. CBD oil has gained serious traction in the alternative medicine market, where it is reported to help with sleep disorders, migraines, pain relief (especially neck pain), anxiety, and even epilepsy. Because it contains 0–.3% THC (the psychoactive cannabinoid in marijuana), CBD appeals to a wide range of people, including those who would not have used medical marijuana due to the head high they would experience.
There are countless brands on the web trying to entice you to buy their CBD tinctures. With so many brands vying for your attention, where do you begin? How do you know what CBD to buy, and who to buy it from? Which companies can you trust to be honest about their extraction methods and ingredients?
With so many CBD products popping up all over the market, you might find it overwhelming trying to decide which companies to buy from. Lucky for you, we’ve put together a list of the seven best CBD tinctures on the market.
How we Determined the Best CBD Oil
If you’re new to this, you might have a lot of questions about how we decided the top CBD products to recommend above the ones we don’t recommend. Here are the categories we used to help differentiate between the the best and the rest.
Potency (How Strong is the Dose)
If you are new to the world of CBD, it is definitely best for you to start with a lower dosage and work your way up from there. Some of the tinctures listed below have as few as 240mg of cannabidiol per bottle, while others are as high as 4850mg. While stronger isn’t always better, we appreciate those brands that have different options available to address different needs. Also, keep in mind that while a lower dose can give you more control over the amount you consume, a higher concentration is usually more cost effective. Higher concentrations will also contain more beneficial cannabinoids.
Flavor vs unflavored CBD
Medicine that you won’t take is not effective medicine. Taste matters, and we love brands that have a variety to choose from.
Unflavored hemp oil has a strong grassy and earthy taste. Some people enjoy the taste of natural hemp, but it’s not particularly popular. If a shot of wheatgrass sounds like a terrible idea, you’ll probably want to gravitate toward something with a more…palatable flavor. If you’re not sure, you can always start with a simple flavor you know you’ll enjoy, like mint or lemon, and get more adventurous over time.
If you don’t like the flavors offered, some companies sell water soluble unflavored oil, giving you the versatility of blending your CBD into your own liquids (like juice or smoothies).
Not all CBD is created equally. Some tinctures are created with little regard to overall consumer safety, and may contain harmful chemicals and pesticides. Other CBD products have been shown to differ from what the label says, either with way more cannabidiol, or way less. In some cases, the THC content was elevated above the federal legal limit for hemp extracts.
All of the products we recommend test their products to make sure that they both contain nothing harmful, and that the dosage on the bottle is actually what’s present in the tincture.
We’d be lying if we said costs didn’t matter. As in all things, with CBD oil tinctures you generally get what you pay for. Some of the products we recommend below are small and inexpensive (so you’re not sacrificing quality to buy inexpensive CBD oil, but rather, are just getting a smaller overall amount at once). Other products contain a higher potency formula, so even though the amount of liquid in the bottle may be the same, the amount of cannabinoids will vary greatly. Overall, prices range from as low as around $30 to over $400.
Shipping and Customer Service
If you’ve ever ordered something online and waited weeks for your package to show up, you know how important shipping speed can be. If you are looking for a remedy for chronic pain, we’re going to guess you probably don’t want to have to wait too long for your order. We’ve broken down the prices and speeds of each company’s shipping so that you’re not left wondering when your purchase will arrive.
All companies on this list have proven track records for outstanding customer service.
Why We Love Them
Sure they sell quality CBD oil, but what sets them apart from the rest? From bacon-flavored dog tincture to discounts for veterans, we list our favorite things about each company so you know what makes them unique.
The Best CBD Oil Tinctures Online in 2019:
- SabaiDee, Super Good Vibes Pure Hemp Extract 1000mg
- NuLeaf Naturals, 1450mg Full Spectrum CBD Oil
- Canna Trading, Alchemy CBD Oil 750mg
- Spruce Lab Grade 750mg CBD Oil
- Joy Organics, 1000mg Tranquil Mint CBD Oil Tincture
- Hemplucid, Water Soluble 1500mg Tincture
- Lazarus Naturals, High Potency Tincture
Tincture recommendations last updated April 4th, 2019
One quick thing before you check out our top recommended CBD products: CannaHealth was not paid to include any of these companies on our list. We may, however, receive a small commission from some of these brands if you click through and make a purchase (at no additional charge to you). I will assure you that these products are the best you can buy, and we 100% stand behind them.
Super Good Vibes, by Sabaidee
- Flavors Available: Cool mint
- Price: $48.95 for Good Vibes, and $119.95 for Super Good Vibes
- Strength/Variety: 250+ mg, 1,000+ mg
- Ingredients: MCT oil from coconut, organic peppermint oil, phytocannabinoid Rich Hemp Oil, Stevia
- Transparency: SabaiDee provides in-depth information about their production. They test each batch in-house and then at an independent third party laboratory. Lab reports can found here: https://www.getsabaidee.com/pages/our-process
- Customer Service/Shipping: 2-4 business day, free US shipping
- Why We Love Them: Like your favorite whiskey or craft beer, their CBD oil is produced in small batches. SabaiDee uses organic hemp that contains a wide variety of over 80 naturally occurring cannabinoids, terpenes, vitamins, omega fatty acids, trace minerals, and other elements beneficial for your health. They use a proprietary extraction and purification process to produce their oil. The coolest part? For every bottle purchased, the company will plant a tree in North America. 🌲No wonder it’s our top recommended CBD oil.
- Flavors Available: Unflavored only
- Price: From $38.50–$439 a piece, depending on strength
- Strength/Variety: NuLeaf Naturals offers a range of strengths: 240mg, 725mg, 1450mg, 2425mg, 4850mg, and 240mg for pets.
- Ingredients: USDA Certified Organic Hemp Oil, Full Spectrum Hemp Extract
- Transparency: Nuleaf Naturals carries only all natural products without additives or preservatives. They claim their products retain all the synergistic cannabinoids, terpenes, essential oils that most other companies filter out from the original plant. All of their products are lab tested.
- Customer Service/Shipping: fast and free shipping, 2-3 business days
- Why we Love Them: They’re 100% USDA certified organic, and offer some non-standard, in between dosages that most other companies do not, like 2425 and 4850. There’s a great, passionate team behind this product, and we’ve been fans for a long time.
Canna Trading Alchemy CBD Oil
- Flavors Available: Natural/Unflavored, Peppermint, and Vanilla
- Price: $56.91-$128.16
- Strength/Variety: 400mg, 750mg, and 1500mg
- Ingredients: Premium Hemp CBD Extract, MCT Oil, Proprietary Terpene Blend.
- Transparency: Each of Canna Trading’s CBD Oils has a lab result report available for view on their website.
- Customer Service/Shipping: $5 flat-fee shipping via UPS, and free shipping for orders over $99. Canna Trading Co. has a 30-day money back, satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not happy with the product, just reach out and they’ll either replace it or refund your money. Pretty great.
- Why we Love Them: Canna Trading’s CBD products are high quality, and come with no additives or fillers. The tinctures are not made with CBD isolate, but are instead full spectrum, rich with cannabinoids, terpenes, and natural essential oils. From the sharp-tasting (but quick working!) Alchemy tincture, the Anxiety, Sleep, and Inflammation tincture bundle, all the way to the high potency 1500mg tinctures, these products come high recommended by the CannaHealth staff.
Spruce – Lab Grade CBD 750mg Tincture
- Flavors Available: Natural and peppermint flavor
- Price: $89 – $269
- Strength/Variety: 750mg and 2400mg
- Ingredients: Coconut oil, Full Spectrum CBD Oil, and natural flavors
- Transparency: Every batch of their CBD products are tested by third party, independent US-based labs, and has always been free of bacteria, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Customer Service/Shipping: Free shipping
- Why we Love Them: At CannaHealth we’re always on the lookout for new and exciting CBD oil brands with extremely high quality products. Spruce fits the bill quite well. Their 750mg tincture is perfect for daily use to manage pain and anxiety, and their 2400mg tincture packs a punch of 80mg of cannabidiol in each dropper. It’s our favorite super high potency solution.
Joy Organics 1000mg Tranquil Mint Tincture
- Flavors Available: Tranquil mint, orange and lemon, and unflavored
- Price: $34.95-$134.95
- Strength/Variety: 250mg, 500mg, 1000mg and 1500mg
- Ingredients: Mint: Organically Grown Full Spectrum Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Peppermint Oil for Flavor, and Stevia.
Natural: Organically Grown Full Spectrum Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil.
Orange: Organically Grown Full Spectrum Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil, MCT Oil and Orange Essential Oil for Flavor.
Lemon: Organically Grown Full Spectrum Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil, MCT Oil and Lemon Essential Oil for Flavor.
- Transparency: Joy Organics provides only pharmaceutical grade CBD. They follow strict guidelines, and provide third party lab testing information for all of their products. More information can be found on their website, but in terms of transparency, Joy Organics takes the cake.
- Customer Service/Shipping: Free shipping
- Why we Love Them: Joy Organics is very invested in being certified organic, and providing customers with extensive information about their growing and production practices. They use the same strain of hemp for all their products, which allows them to ensure their products are consistent. Each batch of PCR hemp oil is tested to prove they contain no metals, pesticides or THC, and is manufactured in a GMP-certified facility that conforms to FDA guidelines.
Hemplucid Whole Plant Hemp Extract 1500mg
- Flavors Available: Unflavored only
- Price: $29.95–$199.95
- Strength/Variety: Whole-plant CBD water soluble, whole-plant CBD in MCT oil, whole-plant CBD in hemp seed oil, whole-plant CBD drip/vape, THC free isoterp CBD in MCT oil, THC free isoterp CBD water soluble–all are available in 250mg, 500mg, 1000mg, and 1500mg strengths
Ingredients: Whole-plant cbd water soluble: Whole-Plant™ CBD Hemp Extract, Organic Vegetable Glycerin, Nano CBD Water, Polysorbate;
whole-plant CBD in MCT oil: Whole-Plant™ CBD Hemp Extract, Fractionated MCT Oil;
Whole-plant CBD in Hemp Seed Oil: Whole-Plant™ CBD Hemp Extract, Organic Vegetable Glycerin, Polysorbate;
Whole-Plant CBD Drip/Vape: Whole-Plant™ CBD Hemp Extract, Organic Vegetable Glycerin, Polysorbate;
THC Free Isoterp CBD in MCT Oil: MCT Oil, ISOTERP™ CBD (Natural Plant Terpenes, Isolate CBD);
THC Free Isoterp CBD Water Soluble: CBD Hemp Extract, Organic Vegetable Glycerin, Nano CBD Water, Polysorbate
- Transparency: Hemplucid provides Proverde test results, and their website includes detailed product info from formula composition to physical/chemical composition.
- Customer Service/Shipping: Free flat rate US shipping
- Why we Love Them: Hemplucid carries a wide range of tinctures, including some that are water soluble–meaning you can mix them into your own drink of choice, or load them into your vape! They also sell gummies, lip balm, lotions, pet tinctures, and all sorts of other CBD products.
Lazarus Naturals Wintermint High Potency Tincture
Check out our in-depth review of Lazarus Naturals.
- Flavors Available: Chocolate mint, French vanilla mocha, wintermint, tropical, and unflavored.
Price: $32–$110. *Note: Lazarus Naturals offer a 40% off discount to veterans, individuals on long-term disability, and low income households.
- Strength/Variety: High potency, 50mg of CBD per 1ml (1.6 mg per drop)
- Ingredients: Fractionated Coconut Oil, Hemp Extract, Naturally Derived Flavors
- Transparency: Lazarus Naturals’s oil is ethanol extracted from Non-GMO industrial hemp. It’s third-party tested for pesticides, heavy metals, and potency. All these test results are available on their website under the Test Results tab.
- Customer Service/Shipping: 30 day, no questions asked return policy
Free 1-3 day UPS shipping on all orders over $50
Orders under $50: Ground Shipping: $5, UPS 3 Day Select: $12, UPS 2 Day Air: $16.00, UPS Next Day Air: $25.00, International shipping available
- Why we Love Them: They ship globally, have some unique flavors, and have cost-effective options for folks who don’t want to commit to full-size bottles. Plus, their discount for veterans, people with disabilities, and low income households shows their ethical responsibility. If you don’t qualify for this discount but want to save a little money, you can still use the code cannahealth to save 10% on your order.
If you’re interested in checking out our CBD gummy recommendations, you can find those here.